1. Who We Are
Gtechniq are committed to keeping your data safe and will never sell any data collected from customers on to third parties or other organisations.
We have created our Privacy Notice in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
Your right to privacy is very important to us and we know that when you give us information about yourself, you trust us to be responsible with it. Gtechniq is committed to protecting the privacy of those using our services and the confidentiality of the personal information that our customers give us. We take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal information. Please read the policy carefully to understand how we treat data.
This privacy notice covers the gtechniqplatinum.com domain. For the full Gtechniq Privacy Notice visit www.gtechniq.com
2. What data do we hold and how is it used?
Customers who have had their car protected with Gtechniq coatings (Platinum, Crystal Serum Ultra, C1 and Crystal Serum Light) at car dealerships or by an Accredited Detailer.
Customers who have had their car detailed by one of the two specialists above are given a guarantee with Gtechniq. This guarantee is with the individual customer and not with their car, but when the car is sold the guarantee becomes invalid.
To qualify for our guarantee, we take the following details:
- First name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Car registration / licence plate number
- Car make
- Car model
- Guarantee number
- Coating application date
- Dealer who applied the coating
This data is stored on our secure server and used for purposes of the guarantee only. Customers will be contacted (where applicable) on an annual basis to remind them that their car is due for inspection – without having an inspection the guarantee on the paint protection becomes invalid.
Data is stored on a secure server and data (guarantees) that are invalid are removed from the system after 24 months.
As there is a guarantee between Gtechniq and those registering their cars, this data collection is done so abiding by the ‘Contracts’ element of GDPR. Each customer who has their car protected is given the option whether they would like to enter into this contract with us – if they agree they may register – without the data this service would not be possible.
If anyone wishes to remove their personal details from the guarantee registration system at any point and thereby cancel their guarantee, they may do so by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Car dealership data
On this website we store the contact details of all the car dealerships who offer Gtechniq Platinum protection to their customers.
This data is available to the public on the ‘find a dealer section of the website’, this encourages product sales by allowing the customer to see where the service is offered.
Data includes: dealership name address, email address, telephone number and email address
Data is also collected from dealerships who register to use the Gtechniq website for sales and training purposes to allow them to login and use our training facility. For this purpose Gtechniq collects first name, surname and email address
4. How we share your personal information
As mentioned in the introduction of this privacy notice. It is company policy that Gtechniq does not share any personal or business information held with any third party companies for marketing purposes.
The only details that may be shared are when a delivery is being made on our behalf to you through service providers such as DPD, DHL, Royal Mail and Fedex (this list is not extensive and may be subject to change).
5. How long we keep your personal information
We retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal information is collected. When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account factors including:
legal obligation(s) under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
statute of limitations under applicable law(s); (potential) disputes, and; guidelines issued by relevant data protection authorities. Otherwise, we securely erase your information once this is no longer needed.
6. Website Specifics
Links to third party websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. Unless otherwise explicitly stated, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
Servers used by Gtechniq are based in the UK and fully secure and encrypted. The company we use to host our data operates state-of-the-art data centres which are staffed by expert technicians who monitor our servers around the clock utilising the strictest of security methods including CCTV, and Firewall protection, to keep data safe.
We use reasonable security methods to protect the personal information that we process, including Internet standard encryption technology to encode personal information that you send to us through our website. To check that you are in a secure area of the website before sending personal information to us, please look at the bottom right of your website browser and check that it displays an image of a closed padlock or an unbroken key.
However, please note that whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal information that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot 100% guarantee the security of any personal information that you transfer to us over the Internet.
As an individual, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree to indemnify us against any costs, claims and liabilities suffered by Gtechniq arising from, or related to, your access to and/or use of the site and/or other person’s use of the site where such a person was able to access the site using your password.
You should take the necessary steps to make sure your password is kept confidential. Let Gtechniq know immediately if you think your password has become known to someone else, or if your password will be/is being used in an unauthorised manner.
Any personal information you give to us will only be used by Gtechniq and by its agents and service providers. We do not sell or share personal information with third parties. All personal information you provide to Gtechniq will be securely maintained, stored and treated as private and confidential.
If you have any concerns about security, please email email@example.com
At present cookies are not used on the Gtechniq Platinum website. Should this change our Privacy Notice will be updated. Your rights The following section explains your rights. The various rights are not absolute and each is subject to certain exceptions or qualifications.
1. The right to be informed You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal information and your rights. This is why Gtechniq is providing you with the information in this Privacy Notice.
2. The right of access You have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information (if it is processed by Gtechniq), and other certain information (similar to that provided in this Privacy Notice) about how it is used. We can refuse to provide information where to do so may reveal personal information about another person or would otherwise negatively impact another person‘s rights.
3. The right to rectification You can ask us to take reasonable measures to correct your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
4. The right to erasure This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your personal information where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep using it or its use is unlawful. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions, e.g. where we need to use the information in defence of a legal claim.
5. The right to restrict processing You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your personal information when we are assessing a request for rectification or as an alternative to erasure. When processing is restricted, we can still store your personal information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their personal information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
6. The right to data portability You have rights to obtain and reuse certain personal information for your own purposes across different organisations. This enables you to move, copy or transfer your personal information easily between our IT systems and theirs (or directly to yourself) safely and securely, without affecting its usability. This only applies to your personal information that you have provided to us that we are processing with your consent or to perform a contract which you are a party to (such as pay and compensation services), which is being processed by automated means.
7. The right to object You have the right to object to certain types of processing, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time insofar as that processing takes place for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by Gtechniq. We will be allowed to continue to process the personal information if we can demonstrate “compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override [your] interests, rights and freedoms” or we need this for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling), which significantly affects you, subject to some exceptions. Where this is the case, you have the right to obtain human intervention, voice your concerns and to have the decision reviewed.
7. Updating this statement
We reserve the right to update this Privacy Notice at any time. We may highlight any changes to this statement in the News section of the website. You are advised to check our news section and review the data protection statement regularly to make sure you have seen any changes to this statement.
We know that your privacy is important to you. If you have a complaint, contact the Data Protection Officer at the address below.
Gtechniq Ltd Unit 2 Bridge Business Park Upper Heyford Northampton NN7 3NA Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org